THE NMRRL committee had a meeting last week to try and finalise this year’s events.
This is what was decided but a lot depends upon forthcoming discussions with North Notts Highways & traffic management companies and the applications to both North Notts & South Yorks police.
Assuming everything goes ahead without any further problems arising:
1. There will no longer be 3 separate series.
Instead there will be either a 9 week or 12 week programme starting middle/late May and running consecutively until the end of July/early August.
2. This will be based on 3 circuits, Torworth, Serlby & Dinnington with the circuits alternating each week, so each circuit will be used 3 or 4 times.
3. There will still be 3 groups with 2 groups riding each evening and the other group having a night off.
If it ends up being a 9 race programme, then each group will have 6 races, 2 on each circuit with one night off on each circuit.
For the 12 race programme, each group will have 8 races, 3 on 2 of the circuits and 2 on the other with one night off on 2 of the circuits and 2 nights off on the other.
4. Depending on how the traffic management discussions and costs turn out, we expect the marshaling requirement to be just a maximum of ONE evening for the whole programme.
5. There will be just one entry fee required. Obviously our costs are going to increase but we expect any increase in the entry fee to be minimal and generally in line with the cost of previous years.
I’ll be sending out another email with more detailed information shortly, but please be patient.